Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How do you switch to shower mode on a single handle bath faucet?

It's one of those ones that has the handle in the center and up is for the bath and down switches it off. Which direction is it supposed to be for the shower? Is it possible that the visible shower head is merely for looks rather than a utility? Hopefully this isn't a stupid question cause I can usually figure out things like this. Any help is much appreciated.How do you switch to shower mode on a single handle bath faucet?
Its possible you need a diverter on the tub filler.How do you switch to shower mode on a single handle bath faucet?
Sounds similar to the one I have in my house in the guest bathroom.





Try pulling down on the bath tub faucet, where the water comes out.





Seriously, if the house inspector hadn't of shown me that, I would never have thought to have tried that. Now I have to remember to show my guests how to use the shower.
sometimes there is a ring that you pull down on, on the water spout. give that a try
There must be a diverter, either on the tub spout or on the (chrome) cover plate to the shower valve, for a single handle shower valve.

No comments:

Post a Comment