Sunday, March 7, 2010

I need to fix my faucet in my bath tub?

the bath tub spout fell off and I need to solder the pipe, but the pipe is not accessable with the shower inclosure. What is the best way, without removing the inclosure to fix?I need to fix my faucet in my bath tub?
Believe it or not there is a new adhesive for copper fittings,


I'm not positive that it will work on old pipes, but if you can clean the existing fitting it may be worth trying. I saw it advertised at HD and LowesI need to fix my faucet in my bath tub?
Just hook up a hose to the shower part then.


U need to go to a hardward and get the complete part and then repair it-the pipes are in the wall behind the bathtub, maybe a closet or something.


Make sure water is turned off behind the tub wall before starting. There is a turn on and off valve there.
There is a set screw underneath the spout its self.All you need is an allen wrench or the proper tool matching that screw.It is very simple,and by the way........there HAS to be a shut off access behind the tub! Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment