Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Problem with faucet in my bath tub?

I have problem with the faucet in my bath tub. It has a standard knob where you just pull it out for water to come out and push it in to shut it off. So the problem I have is that whenever I try to push it it, it gets stuck. I have to put quite a lot of weight into it to push it in.





Does anyone know what's wrong with it and how I can fix it?


I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.Problem with faucet in my bath tub?
The orings in the valve are not good and need to be replaced. turn the water main off in your home and remove the valve assembly and dart off to the nearest plumbing supply house and try to get just the orings but worst cause scenario buy the complete replacement valve insert and be done with it.





Exp: Home Builder/Remodeler 21 Years Problem with faucet in my bath tub?
your very welcome and I am glad I was able to help somehow. :-)

Report Abuse



Sounds like a Moen fixture. You'll need to take the handle off by unscrewing the philips screw located under the little plastic plate in the middle of the handle. Then remove the chrome sleeve and the small ';U'; shaped clip that holds the cartridge into the valve body. Sometimes it takes a lot of strength and pulling to remove a stuck cartridge, but once the little clip is out, it will come. Once you have it out take it to your nearest plumbing parts store and get a new one. Slather some vaseline on the new unit and install it in the reverse manner. Should work like new.
there are a set of 2 orings inside, 1 is damaged, probably cut or folded over. repair kits are available at home depot just have to know the make of tap

No comments:

Post a Comment