Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Can you help me with my bath and shower faucet?

I turned the hot water one too hard the other day and it snapped off. I shut off the water tonight and pulled out a plastic plug that was in the stem. Do I need to unscrew anything or can I just go and buy a new plug?Can you help me with my bath and shower faucet?
It sounds like the stem is broken off (?) The stem goes down in the faucet and blocks or unblocks the water flow as you turn it. It sounds like the top part the handle is attached to broke off. You will have to get the other part out of the faucet body so you have a complete set of parts. Take all the parts to your local hardware store and see if they can identify it. If you see a name on the faucet take that too. There are 100's of types. I say your local hardware store because they usually see what people in the neighborhood have because they are local. They have books with pictures of stems they can look at too.Can you help me with my bath and shower faucet?
i would take out the hot water cartridge and take it to your local hardware and get what ever you broke some have stem extensions that may be all you need. good luck.
You should buy a new plug in this case. And you can consult this site to get the answers of several such question.

No comments:

Post a Comment