Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How much should it cost to have a plumber replace seals and faucet in bath tub?

I have a bathtub faucet that needs the washers replaced in the valve seat and would like to get a new faucet for my tub installed. I live in Michigan.How much should it cost to have a plumber replace seals and faucet in bath tub?
If everything goes good with the replacement, including the cost of the faucet If its only a hot and cold. NO shower. up to 500.00 plus or minus.How much should it cost to have a plumber replace seals and faucet in bath tub?
The plumber will charge you a flat hourly rate. Anywhere from


$60-$100 an hour depending on where you are. In New York City, you would probably pay $100. In Greenfield, Kansas, probably $60. It should only take him an hour. Parts will be minimal. Probably less that $7.00.
A plumber can give you an estimate on the job. I had my bathtub faucet replaced and they had to take the fiberglass wall down by cutting the sheet-rock around the enclosure. Sometimes they can go in from the wall behind the faucet but in my case it's another bathtub on the other side. They also had to do some solder work so it wasn't something I could do. Needless to say it was quite expensive.
it is not a hard fix........go to home depo or lowes....either ask the people for advice or buy the how to book......very easy fix and cheaper than paying plumber.. I am so glad my relatives cant read this..(couple of plumbers in family)...
a plumber usually charge $65.00 minium for the first hour. You can replace these yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment