Sunday, March 7, 2010

After installing a new faucet in my bath tube I hear a knocking noise whenever I use the hot water in my house?

But only after I turn it offAfter installing a new faucet in my bath tube I hear a knocking noise whenever I use the hot water in my house?
Something got moved and the water pipe is hitting some wood somewhere. They have clamps you can buy to put in that spot at a hardware store.After installing a new faucet in my bath tube I hear a knocking noise whenever I use the hot water in my house?
If sounds like a water hammer. One way to help control the water


hammer condition is to use air chambers, but simply installing a 3/4-in., 12-in.-long chamber will not control the pressure. The capacity of the air chambers needs to be calculated to make sure they will be capable of limiting the amount of water hammer. I had the same thing happen when the automatic sprinkler changed zones, I have the sprinkler connected straight to supply line unregulated which is about 90 PSI - pretty high pressure but I have two zones that need the high pressure. Made a water hammer arrestor and no more banging.





good luck,


joe
We had that happening for years on all our faucets. During a water heater replacement we mentioned it to the plumber.





He checked our water pressure and it was too high. He installed a pressure regulator on the main valve outside, set it to a reasonable pressure, and that fixed the banging pipes.
its called water hammer,you have air in your System.

No comments:

Post a Comment