Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How do i fix my bath tubs faucet?

I cant get the water to turn off.How do i fix my bath tubs faucet?
I am guessing that you have two knobs on this bathtub. First turn off the water to the house. Know remove the knobs. You should see the packing nut hex. Remove this, and then the stem will be able to be removed. Replace the rubber washer on the stem and re-assemble in reverse.How do i fix my bath tubs faucet?
If you can't get the water off with the shut off valve at the tub, then turn it off at the main. Usually in the basement or outside of your home at a meter.
your going to have to shut off the main valve. then remove the stem on the faucet thats leaking and replace the seat and the seal.
Turn it off outside. This will usually turn the whole house off.





Sometimes it is best to buy new faucets instead of trying to fix old sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment