Sunday, March 7, 2010

My bath faucet broke, I need help?

I turned the faucet on in my bath tub and I heard a crack. Now it won't turn off and I can't turn the water up or down, it just keeps dripping. What's the problem? What should I do?My bath faucet broke, I need help?
The plastic parts inside the faucet have broken and will not seal. Either you will have to fix this yourself, or call a plumber. If you want to do it yourself, turn off the master flow to your house and remove the faucet using an adjustable crescent wrench. You may need two in order to detach the knob from the main line coming into your bath. Take the part to your local hardware store and the clerks there can steer you to the right replacement part. Make sure you also purchase some plumber's tape so as to reseal the knob to the line. Best wishes~My bath faucet broke, I need help?
take the handle off. there should be a plastic circle in the middle of the faucet that pops off, might need a knife or flat screwdriver to do this. once you get that off you will need a screw driver to take the screw out that holds it on. once you get that off, take a pliers and turn the water off.
ok yes im a girl but i know alot about this stuff ok im thinking you might have a broken water pipe is it damp around the walls and stuff ?

No comments:

Post a Comment