Sunday, March 7, 2010

Why do cats hate to get a bath but at the same time love to play under a funning faucet?

also any advice on how to give my cats a bath. I want to get them cooler when it gets hot, especially my gray cat because she is so fluffy but they fight me when ever I try bathing them so I give up.Why do cats hate to get a bath but at the same time love to play under a funning faucet?
that depends on your cat. just one of my cats liked to play in water... as long as it was the right temperature =P





but i suppose most cats don't like to be given baths since they bathe themselves anyway. i wouldn't worry about your cats overheating though. they know how to cool themselves off. especially if they're indoor pets and the temperature of your house is regulated.





if you have a large cat, my friend suggested cleaining the toilet real good and then dumping your cat in it, closing the lid and flushing it. personally, i wouldn't be that mean to a cat but he said it got them clean.Why do cats hate to get a bath but at the same time love to play under a funning faucet?
They hate it when they're forced. When they see the little trickle coming out of the faucet, its like the world cant stop them.


Its cat nature I think to be so stubburn. I think you terrioze them when you try to bath them and dont worry about fluffly kitty having a stroke, he'll probably stick in a cool area of the house.
They know that a bath is forced and the cat will get soaked. in the faucet they can control how wet they really get
My cats hated being bathed and then I found out if you keep the water shallow so that they are able to stand they stop freaking out. I also have my husband help me bathe them so it is much quicker and they seem to be less annoyed when it doesn't take very long. One of my cats actually comes into the shower with me most mornings....I have never seen anything like it until I got her. As long as your house isn't too hot your cats should be fine because their fur is made to keep them warm and cool. They are also very good about finding cool places in the house so you shouldn't be too worried about that.
good luck with that! Only did a flea dip.....once. I learned my lesson.





http://terrisfp.com/cats/bathecat2.html
I started giving my cat a bath when he was a kitten. Now that he's older he doesn't like it as much, but he's calm. Have you tryed getting in there with your cat, it may sound weird, but I put on an old bathing suit and get in with him and it keeps him calmer, and it helps me judge the temp of the water better cause it's usually warmer than how it feels on your hand. Having a Gray cat you can probably get away with using bathing wipe, unfortunatly my cat is all white so he trys his best to get clean, but sometimes he needs a little help.
just get a small fan...i have one set up on my bedroom flooor and when my fluffy black cat gets hot he just walks up and sits face to face with it for a few min. its cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment