Sunday, March 7, 2010

If I keep turning the knob on my bath tub faucet to the left it should completely come off right?

not quite sure what your problem is. the above answer from ozark is correct.


heres a link that may answer your question. you can e mail me if you want to be more specific as to your problem.





http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=bath%20鈥?/a>


EDIT, i know what your problem is now. I just saw your other post about turning off the supply to the water heater.


When you turn off the supply to the heater no water will come out of the faucet be cause there is no water pressure. the water will still be in the heater. You will stillget some water out that drains from the pipes.


And yes it just fine to turn the supply valve off and on as you need hot water. it sounds like you need to replace the worn rubber washer in the faucet.


You will need to remove the knob, the trim behind the knob, and then the ';stem '; . the washer is attached to the end of the stem. here is another link.


http://www.hammerzone.com/archives/plumb鈥?/a>If I keep turning the knob on my bath tub faucet to the left it should completely come off right?
Not usually, unless you have a strange control knob. The knob usually has a circular cover piece on it. You pry that off and underneath there is a set screw that holds the knob onto a splined valve unit.


If you are able to turn the knob to the left continuously, either the screw has come loose or the unit is stripped out.If I keep turning the knob on my bath tub faucet to the left it should completely come off right?
This is the most jumbled *MESS* of -- *FIRST* a stupid, stupid question; and then, a series of ';mixed %26amp; mingled'; *QUESTIONABLE* answers that *I* have ever seen on this (*USUALLY*} sensible forum!





I just canNOT imagine *what* has happened to *confuse* the minds of the people of today!
If you have removed the packing nut first 鈥?yes

No comments:

Post a Comment