Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Is there something I can attach to my bath tub faucet so I can also have a shower head?

I have a detached tub from the shower and I have a 6 month old and it would be much easier if I had a shower head and the tub faucet also, any suggestions under one hundred dollars?Is there something I can attach to my bath tub faucet so I can also have a shower head?
I just get a hand held spray thing and use that instead of the faucet. I have dogs to wash and there's no other sensible way, and it works great for washing my hair in the tub too. Most modern faucets have a screw-in screen filter. You can take that out and get adapters so you can install a hand held hose and spray head. The whole thing doesn't need to cost more than $25 all told. Take the filter to the store to be sure you can get stuff that will screw in again where the filter was. If you have a really old faucet, with a nozzle sort of thing where the water comes out(old claw foot tubs often have them), you can get a plastic hose, cut off the screw in part and attach the hose with a hose clamp.Is there something I can attach to my bath tub faucet so I can also have a shower head?
Suggest you can purchase a shower head including flexible line and attachments from most plumbing suppliers that will fasten to the tub spout. The way they normally work is when you want to use the shower,you divert the water up to the shower from the tub faucet spout, by blocking the water going directly into the tub, The price to modify this should be less the $40 I would suggest.
It depends somewhat on which type of spigot you have on the tub. Some are easier to add a shower to, than others. You can probably find a 'hand held' shower head kit, to retro-fit the tub. In many cases, you can replace the spigot itself, with one that has a diverter valve (for less than $15, usually).





My suggestion is to take a picture of the tub spigot to your local hardware/building supply store. Write down the brand/model if you know it, and take that too. Show the sales associate what you've got, and they may be able to show you what you need to add a shower wand to the tub.





Worst case scenario, you might have to purchase a new faucet/spigot assembly - which could run upwards of $100....so check with the sales clerk to see if you can replace just the spigot first.





Good Luck
I do not know how to reply you , so please give me permission to do here. Thank you for your answer and advice. I have no idea about where to post it then post it here.





I will do as your sugguestion.





Thank you again.
you can buy a shower head from most plumbing suppliers that will do what you want it should not cost too much and is quite easy to fit yourself
  • make up artist
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment