Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I want to replace my 3 tap bath/shower faucet with a Delta one piece.How do I cover the empty hot & cold holes?

I really don't want to remove the one piece fiberglass tub/shower. Is there a cover kit or plug to seal off the open holes?I want to replace my 3 tap bath/shower faucet with a Delta one piece.How do I cover the empty hot %26amp; cold holes?
If you are replacing a faucet with 4'; center holes for the hot and cold supplies there are a number of one piece single whole faucets that have a bottom plate that covers the holes. If you are replacing a three piece set with separate hot and cold valves (usually separated by 8 inches or more) you can use the holes for accessories. Consider a through counter soap dispenser. Maybe two of them if you can't think of any other accessories. You can also buy stainless steel plugs to fill the holes. If it is a tile counter top you can by matching tile, remove the tiles that are cut for the holes. Fill the holes with putty or thin set and then replace the tiles to cover it all up. If all else fails try finding a decorative tile rosette or something like that and cover the holes. Seal the edges with clear caulk.


Hope that helps.I want to replace my 3 tap bath/shower faucet with a Delta one piece.How do I cover the empty hot %26amp; cold holes?
Use a condom. Like what you do with rifles and sub-machine guns to stop water getting in. Just with taps, not gun barrels in your case.





put it over the open holes if you can. If not, then i'm afraid I can't help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment