Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How to troubleshoot a bath faucet that whistles when turning on the showerhead?

The faucet in my bath whistles when I engage the showerhead. If I cover the faucet end with my hand, it muffles the noise and I can feel air. The showerhead is clean of debris and deposits. The bath faucet handle is a single arm that controls the temperature and pressure. As you swing the handle from low to high, which is also cold to hot, the whistling increases. Any troubleshooting advice?How to troubleshoot a bath faucet that whistles when turning on the showerhead?
Is your bathroom vented properly? Please check. Good luck!How to troubleshoot a bath faucet that whistles when turning on the showerhead?
My First thought was proper venting also.
Sounds like you have excessive water pressure


in the lines, have a plumber install a water hammer arrestor on both lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment