Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How do I upgrade my 3 handle bath faucet?

I want to upgrade the 3 handle shower handles to a 1 handle or 2 handle but I can't seem to find any instructions online. Any ideas?How do I upgrade my 3 handle bath faucet?
You will have to expose your plumbing that's in the wall. You have to remove the the existing faucet w/diverter valve and re plumb for the single handle valve. You will also have to replace your tub enclosure because of the different holes. My best advice is to hire a contractor.How do I upgrade my 3 handle bath faucet?
Snap a picture of the faucet, and print it out. Then take a trip down to Home Depot or Rona, and one of the sales assistants will be able to help you install a new one.
Unless you have some experience with plumbing, soldering and refinishing walls I would not recommend tackling this on your own. You will need to remove part of the inside wall (if you have tub surround it is even harder) redo the plumbing for the new diverter and than refinish the wall. Hope you have a plumber in the family :)


Good Luck!
I just upgraded a kitchen faucet from a 4 to a 3 hole. They had a plate to put underneath to block the hole. Then I placed the new ones wherever I wanted. The new plate was brushed nickel and matched all my handles and fixtures, so it looked really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment