Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Why does yellow water at first come out of my bath faucet?

It will coime out yellow then the normal water will come out. And I notice if I've been away for a week or so, it's an even darker clour, what is it and can the superintendant fix it?Why does yellow water at first come out of my bath faucet?
seems like there is a high level of iron or metalsWhy does yellow water at first come out of my bath faucet?
When the tap is not open, water sits in inside the rusty pipes until the next time you turn on the tap. It mixes with the rust. You just have to run the water until new water flows through. However you are still getting a highly diluted version of the same thing coming out looking clear.


You can have the water tested at your local Health Dept. That will determine if the landloard has to re-plumb the building or your apartment.


Using a water filtration system or fridge jug will help remove it.
it sounds like a light rust. The only way to fix is to put new pipes in. This is called a repipe job. How old is the house? chances are it is old!
Sounds like rusty pipes to me. Several years ago I rented a very old house, built in the 1930's and that stuff used to come out of the pipes all the time.


That means you're drinking it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment